Love matcha, love strawberries, love vegan treats? You have come to the right place, this vegan matcha strawberry cake is mouth-watering!
Matcha is a versatile green tea powder and aside from drinking tea it has a wide range of uses. You will find ingredient matcha in many recipes, from home baking to fine dining and many other mixed drinks.
This recipe comes with a warning ~ it is seriously addictive! Have fun mixing your matcha and get in touch to let us know what you think.
Matcha strawberry cake ingredients
1 cup plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3 teaspoons matcha powder
1/4 cup coconut oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
7 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup ground almonds
How to make your delicious cake
- Preheat oven to 190C
- Put the coconut oil in a large bowl and gently heat over a saucepan of boiling water. When the oil has melted, add the almond milk, lemon juice, maple syrup, vanilla and almonds and mix
- Sieve in the flour, baking soda, baking powder and the matcha powder
- Mix thoroughly, add a splash more milk to keep the mixture moist
- Take two baking trays and line with baking paper and add in the mixture
- Bake in the oven for approximately 15 minutes until the cake has risen. You can check by putting a skewer into the cake, it should remove clean without breaking the cake
- Immediately remove cakes from the baking trays and place on a tray or plate to cool down
Top tip ~ As well as it’s suitably for vegans, this recipe can easily be adapted to gluten free. Simply switch the flour and baking powder for a gluten free alternative.
You can also vary this recipe by adding different toppings to the cake. Check out this resource on Mr Food, it gives you 18 different cake frosting’s to try out.
Don’t you get addicted to this matcha strawberry cake 😉