Chocolate brownies are a must stock in all coffee shops on the high street, one of the nation’s favourite they are a very popular choice. We know they are an indulgent treat loved by many, but many are not aware of matcha brownies and how it’s possible to mix the good with the naughty!
Matcha tea powder can be mixed with your chocolate brownies or indeed with many other recipes. Matcha is a diverse superfood which is well known to be antioxidant rich along with many other health benefits.
When used to make these gorgeous matcha brownies you are still enjoying that delicious treat, whilst at the same time benefiting from the health benefits of matcha tea – winning, winning!
Easy steps to bake matcha brownies
3 table spoon unsalted butter
90g white chocolate (grated)
40g white chocolate chips
50g brown sugar
2 table spoons of culinary matcha powder
1/2 tea spoon of baking powder
30g roasted cashew nuts
- Warm oven to 175C, place baking paper into a medium oven tray (around 15 x 15cm)
- Sift the flour, baking powder and culinary matcha powder together in a large bowl
- Take the butter and grated white chocolate, put in the microwave for 1-2 minutes until the mixture begins to melt. Mix in the sugar and stir well
- Slowly add in the eggs to the mix, continue to stir until both eggs are fully absorbed
- Add in all of the remaining ingredients and stir well until mixed thoroughly
- Pour the mixture into the oven tray and bake for approximately 17 minutes. Check the brownies, if they start to become brown on top cover with foil to protect
Try not to eat them all at once and try to avoid becoming addicted to this green tea desert! Don’t worry we won’t tell anyone if you do 😉