Matcha cheesecake is a discovery we made and never looked back! Like most we are dessert lovers and we find it very hard to say no to a delicious cheesecake. When we perfected making this recipe we just had to get it out there and share it with you.
You can mix matcha tea powder with many desserts and other recipes. Matcha is so diverse you can actually be really creative with your mixing and have fun experiments.
Because matcha is a superfood with many health benefits, you are enjoying the rewards of the delightful treat as well as the taste.
Simple steps to a no bake matcha cheesecake
200g vanilla wafers
1 lump unsalted butter
140g cream cheese
2 table spoons of culinary matcha powder
1 tablespoon jelly (These are great for a vegetarian option)
5 table spoons of hot water
30g sour cream
1 tea spoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
½ cup double cream
½ cup sugar
Top with whipped cream or a topping of your choice
- Put the vanilla wafers into a large bag and crush into crumbs using a rolling pin or something similar
- Mix the crackers with the lump of butter to form a dough and leave for around 30 minutes
- Press the dough into a pie dish, ensure the crust is even in thickness all around the dish
- Take a medium bowl and mix the cream cheese until soft. Add the sugar and continue to mix until a smooth texture
- Use a sieve to put the matcha powder into a small bowl and add in 2 table spoons of hot water. Whisk until the matcha forms a smooth paste
- Mix the matcha paste, sour cream and lemon juice into the cream cheese mixture. Take the jelly and add 3 table spoons of hot water until fully dissolved. Then mix it into the cream cheese and set aside
- Whip the double cream until smooth peaks form. Carefully add the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Do this gently and gradually so the mix remains soft and fluffy
- Pour the finished mixture into the pie tray and smooth out the top with a spoon
- Finally set the matcha cheesecake in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Serve with the whipped cream or your desired toppings
Have fun with this recipe, we know you will love it!