We believe that pancakes are not only for pancake day! We all enjoy lazy weekends, where perhaps we are a little later out of bed than usual. What better way is there, than to enjoy a late breakfast or brunch with pancakes! Well we can share with you this secret; the better way is with matcha pancakes!
For us and for Joe Public, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. During our busy working weeks, it is hard to find the time to make varied and interesting meals and the same is true when we are rushing out of the door in the morning. Therefore, you should take your time enjoying breakfast on the weekends.
Mixing this delicious breakfast with culinary matcha not only makes them very tasty, but ensures the health benefits of the green powder are included. Matcha has become well known for its health benefits and adding this superfood to your breakfast is a great way to start your day.
Simple steps to making matcha pancakes
1 table spoon culinary matcha powder
1 cup of flour (all purpose)
2x tea spoons baking powder
Sprinkle of salt
1 cup of cashew milk
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Whisk flour, baking powder, salt and culinary matcha powder together in a bowl
- Make a small hole in the centre of the mixture, add 1 cup of cashew milk, egg, olive oil and vanilla extract
- Whisk gently, avoid being too rigorous with the mixture
- Using a small pan, apply some grease and heat on a low to medium heat
- Add 2 or 3 tablespoons of the mixture into the centre of the pan, spreading evenly with the back of the spoon
- Cook for about 1 minute, you should notice small bubbles rising to the surface and popping
- Finally, flip the pancake to cook the other side for about 1 minute. Serve when the edges are a light golden brown colour
Take your time, relax and enjoy your matcha pancakes!